- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Health Law
- Product Liability Defense
- General Civil Litigation Defense
- Appellate Practice
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- Professional Licensure Defense
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Bad Faith Defense
- Premises Liability Defense
- Employment Litigation
Insurance Bad Faith Defense
In today's litigious society, insurance companies are increasingly challenged regarding the way they investigate and handle claims. Some of these challenges take the form of insurance bad faith litigation, which exposes companies within the insurance industry to compensatory and sometimes even punitive damages. This is a rapidly evolving area of the law where careful and nuanced understanding of the law is important in order to best serve the clients' needs.
Thompson Miller & Simpson attorneys have handled insurance bad faith claims, both at the trial court level as well as on appeal to the Kentucky Court of Appeals and the Kentucky Supreme Court. We are knowledgeable of the existing and developing law in this field, and have been involved in on-going litigation efforts to shape that development in a reasonable and understandable fashion.